This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Ebert
    • May 2004

Well, if it is C-T-C spacing (wouldn't be my first guess), the Usher will be worse as it is wider.

My first guess would be the lack of a notch filter. After all, you're only an octave and a half away from the resonance.

Or, it might be the rise in F3 HD around 4.5k as shown in Zaph's HD measurement for the RS52.

If you're using a digital crossover, perhaps you could experiment with a lower frequency for the crossover to the tweeter.

Comment

• Jed
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Apr 2005

I agree with Paul about the distortion and lack of notch filter causing some problems that you might hear with certain source material.

When I did distortion testing on the RS52, my samples each had something going on not only at 4.5K, in terms of 3rd order, but fairly audible 5th order harmonics around 2k. So, without the notch filter, that would be very annoying to say the least. It certainly was when I was doing the distortion test.

Image not available
      Last edited by theSven; 30 July 2023, 13:40 Sunday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"