• Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Episode two news

WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS SPOILERS
    Website raves about 'Star Wars' script
    By PAUL CANTIN
    Senior Reporter, JAM! Showbiz
    A leading film fan site has obtained a copy of what it believes is the script for the upcoming "Star Wars" film, and has posted a rave review online.

The highly reputable Dark Horizons (darkhorizons.com) site praised "Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack Of The Clones" as a return to the action-based storytelling of earlier chapters in creator George Lucas's movie series.

The purported script contains "assassination attempts and ... chase sequence, three duels, two aerial battles, one massive land battle, three massive monsters -- you name it, this film has it. This is definitely the most action-packed of all the Star Wars films yet," Dark Horizons' reviewer "Ali" says of the script.

For hardcore fans who want to wait for the film's May opening (or skeptics of online script reviews), you may want to stop reading now to avoid spoiling any plot surprises. The complete review can be read at http://www.darkhorizons.com/reviews/t020128a.htm.

The script begins 10 years after the battle of Naboo, the climax of "Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phantom Menace."

Queen Amidala (Natalie Portman) and the animated character Jar Jar Binks are both members of the Senate, representing their respective planets, while Obi Wan (Ewan McGregor) and the now-adolescent Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) have been off training and becoming involved in a variety of adventures.

Anakin and Obi Wan are called upon to act as bodyguards for Amidala after she is the subject of a foiled assassination. A wayward Jedi Knight named Count Dooku (Christopher Lee) is leading a radical group of planets hoping to break away from the Republic, and he's the suspected mastermind of the assassination, Dark Horizons said.

While Obi Wan heads off to solve the mystery of who ordered the assassination, forbidden love blooms between Anakin and Amidala, the site said.

The prominence of Jar Jar -- one of the most criticized elements of "Phantom Menace" -- has been downplayed, while the previous film's often tepid pacing has been notched up, with Obi Wan and Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson) getting to "whoop some serious ass alongside ... about two hundred other Jedi," the review said.

The script "delivers all the things that Lucas promised to with The Phantom Menace but failed," "Ali" writes. "An old-fashioned and sometimes cheesy adventure and love story, it was an immensely enjoyable read".

• JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Well, it's about time George got his act together in the cinematic end of the Star Wars Universe!

'Course, I'm one of those weired ducks that reads *all* the novelizations which continue or prequel the Star Wars story; there'e been quite a few, and in most cases, the writing is of higher caliber than the films. Maybe we'll someday see "Final Fantasy" like productions of some of those novels using CGI. Who knows?

However, I agree from what I've seen of the two trailers for Episode II that it looks like we're in store for a treat this time- I'm actually considering purchasing advance tickets. But the lines will be so ludicrous, I may pass on that, and instead just make sure I get tickets to see it in the IMAX auditorium of our local Regal Cinema.

BTW, the DIVX versions of the trailers are pretty cool- no, it's not DVD quality, but it's the best thing we've ever been able to "download" for trailers. And the Spiderman one looks like a good popcorn movie, too.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

Darn! I thought maybe this was a thread about the second installment in the "Lord Of The Rings" trilogy -- which is already off to a VASTLY superior start in its first-of-three (being a movie with plot, character development, intelligence, wit, gorgeous scenery and real acting in addition to heart-stopping action and dazzling special effects) compared to the "Toys-R-Us" promo that masqueraded as the first Star Wars prequel. :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"