X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

New remote from Logitech

Just saw that Logitech have released a new remote, that could be a contender to Pronto..

All of the features of the Logitech Harmony 655 plus dedicated buttons designed for digital video recorders.
    Easy to use, easy to set-up.
    Stylish design for comfortable and complete TiVo/DVR control.
    Page buttons for on-screen guide navigation.
    4 one-touch activity buttons.
    Full control of all brands and devices.
    No macro programming required.
    2MB non-volatile flash memory.
    Super bright backlight.
    Free TV listings for 2 months.
    Smart State Technology inside

Specifications

Colors: Metallic Silver, Gun-Metal Black
    Software: Current system requirements: PC with USB port, Windows 98SE/Me/2000/XP or Mac OS X with Safari 1.0, Internet access, 10MB free hard drive space. Future support for Linux
    Memory: 2 Megabytes Non-volatile flash memory.
    Hardware: Backlit LCD 84 x 48 pixels, 56 top mounted hard buttons, Infrared sensor, USB communication, Speaker.
    Infrared (IR): 3 wide dispersion high power LED's (Range > 40 feet, sending frequency > 60 kHz, sensing frequency > 60 kHz.)
    Power: While connected: USB power from PC, when not connected: 4 AAA 1.5V batteries.
    Dimensions: 8.1x 2.3 x 1.3 inches
    Weight: 5.8 oz
    Warranty: 366 day repair/exchange warranty for factory assembly defects only.
    Box contains: 688, Harmony Software Installation CD, USB cable, 4 AAA batteries, Quick Start Guide.

What seems to be really interesting is that, allthough not very specific, it sounds like the remote will be able to hold complete tv program listings..
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Looks ok but you'll have to try harder then that to get me to switch from my beloved pronto's

Comment

• TTA89
      • Oct 2004

I have had the 688 for what seems like 6 months now. It works great with Tivo and all the rest of my equipment. Setup is soo cool using the website, it remembers all your equipment and is so easy to setup new functions.
      -Mike

My Home Theater Gear

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I didn't notice the price there--what is this thing running? Same thing, I'd be hard pressed to move from my MX-700.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• TTA89
          • Oct 2004

Its 159 bucks from Surf Remote.
          -Mike

My Home Theater Gear

Comment

• ajpoe
            • Jul 2004

Edit: I had questions but the tutorial answered a lot of them

AJ
            AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• chefboy1
              • Oct 2004

The H688 is now an 'older' model - the new ones that just came out this month in North America are the H676 and H680. The Harmony forum over at www.remotecentral.com has a lot more info and user reviews. I have the H676, and it's a great improvement for those of us that have digital boxes/PVRs.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"