X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Logitech Squeezebox Controller App

If you use any of the Logitech Squeezebox devices for streaming music, I just discovered that there is now a Controller app available directly from Logitech (info at the link below). I had read about a third-party app that was available previously, but I guess now it's 'official'. This may be old news to some, but it looks the latest release was made available around mid-December.

Squeezebox Controller App

I download this app the other day, and so far it works beautifully with my Duet Receiver. I was previously (and still am) using the Logitech Controller that came with the Duet, but I like this app a bit better. It's got couple of feature improvements over the Controller, such as a larger screen for viewing album art and a quicker way to navigate through the music categories using a small alphabetical list on the right-hand side of the screen. It seems that a lot of components are going the app route for control, so this will eliminate a few remotes (or the need to reprogram the universal).

The only real downside that I see so far is the quickness of accessing the interface (unless you leave it open constantly), as well as interference with other features on your smartphone (i.e., phoning or texting).
    Brad
  • Industrial
    • Mar 2009

Nice! I used to use Ipeng but every time logitech did an update it took me forever to get the damn controller working again.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"