X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David R.
    • Apr 2003

Pronto reboots

Having a problem with a pronto 1000. Sometimes when i hit a button the pronto seems to reboot. It makes a beep sound, turns off, then restarts with the "pronto" logo.

Im not totally sure but it seems to do it the most when the back light is turned on. The problem is not limited to any one button, it does it at any time.

Anyone have this happen before?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

David are you using batteries or the battery pack? Either way check the contacts as it might just be loosing power. Also which version of pronto edit do you currently have installed? If its the latest version 4.0.5 then do an update to the firmware from there and see if that helps. You might also try to do a hard reset using a pin to press the hard reboot button on the bottom of the unit. Another option that sometimes works is to leave the batteries out for 24 hours to drain the power and then try to reload your CCF file.

If non of those work let me know and we'll try a few other things.

Comment

• I'mListening
      • Jul 2003

My TSU6000 ProntoPRO will reboot itself from time to time for no apparent reason. Just yesterday whilest watching a DVD my ProntoPRO sprung to life.. the backlighting came on.. it beeped as if to announce it was preparing to do something special... then came the reboot. Weird, yes. But has no ill effects and only does it occasionally. Personally I think it gets lonely and just wants attention... sorta like my ol Flurby! :clap:

Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren
      Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren

Comment

• David R.
        • Apr 2003

Im using batteries. I replaced the batteries with new ones, and checked the contacts.

Im using prontoedit 4.0.3 i think? I tried to do a firmware update with it.. It said the firmware on the pronto was newer. So i think the pronto has the latest firmware all ready.

Tried a reset.. no good, still reboots it self. Im positive it only does it with the back light on. Sometimes it does it after 5 minutes, some times 20 minutes.

I haven't tried leaving the batteries out yet. The problem seemed to start happening right after uploading a new ccf. file. I guess there might be something wrong in it.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

David upgrade to 4.0.5 and do a firmware update anyway. Also maybe try a different CCF file and see if it still continues.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"