• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Pronto TSU7000

TSU7000
    If you’ve been waiting for Philips to release a new color touchscreen remote control, it looks like you may not have to wait much longer! I’m pleased today to release exclusive information on the next Pronto model, the ProntoPro NG TSU7000. This new model upgrades several key areas of the black & white TSU3000, with an active matrix LCD display, 32 megabytes of memory, a pickup sensor and more sophisticated layout capabilities.

Although more information will likely be released at CEDIA Expo 2003, which begins later this week, here’s the information available right now:

32 megabytes memory (initially 16mb will be available, but a future firmware upgrade will open up the entire 32mb space)
    3.8” TFT display
    64,000 colors
    Digital contrast control
    TSU3000: Click to enlarge.
    17 Backlit hard buttons
    LCD & button backlights fade off smoothly
    Pickup sensor
    USB 1.1 interface
    Charcoal grey case color
    Alpha blending transparency support
    Timers
    RF capabilities with optional extender
    Docking station and NiMH battery included
    Multiple language support (English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch)
    $999 USD list price
    Available late Q4 2003

Here are a few sample screenshots demonstrating what can be done with ProntoPro Edit NG (PPENG).

*photo's sourced from Remote Central

• Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Looks like the pronto's making steps in the right direction but the NG software is still buggy and i doubt they've added variables like the MX remotes now feature.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Greg I moved your comments into this thread so its all under one thread....

Gregorious Mitchell Wrote...

Take the Pronto TSU3000 and give it 32 megs of ram and a 64,000 color screen where you can use ALL of the real estate on the screen and you have the Pronto TSU7000.
      I see some wars erupting between Home Theater Master's MX-3000 and the Pronto TSU6000. Similar specs. Totally different programming methods. Totally differently remote buttons layout. Landscape verus portrait screen mode. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I will report back on both after CEDIA.

Comment

• Trevor Schell
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Thanks for the info Andrew!
        Any idea as to the retail..

I am definately interested in this one..especialy since my original Pronto is broken due to a fit of rage!! :x

Trevor
        My HomeTheater S.E.
        Sonically Enhanced
        C5
        Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"