• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

new version of pronto edit!

Philips ProntoEdit 4 released!
    Today is a big day for Pronto owners! Philips has just released a new all-in-one version of ProntoEdit that handles both US and European versions of black & white 1mb and 2mb remotes, plus ProntoPro 8mb editions. Since it's designed to handle everything, ProntoEdit 4 provides complete file interchangability.

Changes include:

All Pronto models supported from one softwarepackage.
    New fully-indexed in-program help manual.
    Unique galleries used for each model.
    Copy an action list from one button to another: hold down the "shift" key while dragging the source button onto the target (works the same as the existing "alt-drag" procedure for button bitmaps).
    Customized IR code names are once again supported.
    Improved beep tone creation screen.
    Enhanced user interface.
    Alias list now stays open to the last accessed device and page.
    Fixed the "0 byte" file issue, which essentially deleted a file on disk if attempting to save a file larger than the maximum allowed on the remote.
    Improved device connectivity.
    ProntoPro RF setting can now be set for the Home and Macro sections.
    Updated firmware: ProntoPro and RU970 updated to SYS v1.3 / APP v1.4; the TSU2000 moves to SYS v4.8 / APP v5.3.
    Firmware changes for the ProntoPro and RU970 feature enhanced stability, correction of an RF transmission problem with long codes, improved low battery warnings, proper label propagation from the home page hard buttons to devices, and a correction to a crash that can occur when exiting the hidden games.
    Due to an enlarged code database and other features, available user memory has dropped from 6144kb to 5952kb on the TSU-6000 and 5667kb for the RU970 (which apparantly contains an even larger "worldwide" database).
    Basically, this version replaces the three currently required: ProntoEdit v1.05, ProntoEdit v2.0 and ProntoProEdit v3.4. As such, it adds all "post release" editing features to older remotes, including mass bitmap replace, "pack and go", multiple gallery selection, etc. Be sure to also check out the Pronto forum for the latest buzz.

Download the file now!

(please note its a 13 meg download and is very popular right now so it might be a little slow :roll:

• Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Yeah that downlod sure was slow! Took all of 40 seconds via my cable modem, including access time to the site. (It took another 20 seconds to install the program on my computer.) When are we going to get truly SPEEDY Internet service? :>)

Seriously, Andrew, thanks for the heads up -- this looks like a major upgrade, for sure. The program interface is "cleaner" and the help looks like it might actually be instructive... I might even get around to doing a little more customizing of my TSU-2000, now! :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Well for me it will be a godsend to be able to run a single version of pronto edit on my machine instead of 3 right now (plus the marantz version!) From what I've read so far they haven't added much to the feature set but it should be a little more stable and easier to use for newbies with the improved help files etc. I guess we have to keep in mind that when this software was written it was intended for custom installers and dealers not the general public so in many ways its come a long way...esp for freeware.

Comment

• SiliGoose
        • Aug 2000

Copy an action list from one button to another: hold down the "shift" key while dragging the source button onto the target
        That's the big one for me. That will save some serious time.

-Sili
        www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

Thanks Andrew, just DL'ed it 8)

Bing
          Bing

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

Ohh, me like, me like!!

How stable is it? I found 2.0 to be on the buggy side. Is it easier to copy/paste/edit discrete IR codes in this one? I haven't DL'd it yet but maybe will tonite.

I too have to have three versions of PE on my laptop, so it would be nice to be able to replace at least two of them with this one (will it work with the Marantz?)

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
            My HT Site

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"