X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Pronto Disassembly

I dropped my Pronto onto a table. The drop was only about 6" but it was enough to make the fragile Pronto stop working.

I think I've figured out what happened. One of the metal contacts for the negative side of the battery has fallen to the interior of my Pronto. I assume the impact of the fall knocked the contact out of position. Now I need to take the Pronto apart to position the contact correctly.

I notice two very small allen bolts on the underside of the Pronto. Is this all that's holding the Pronto housing together? Is there anything else I should watch for when taking the Pronto apart?

Any tips at all would be appreciated.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

here's all you need to know about repairing a pronto

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

Thanks Andrew. You replied at the same time as someone on my Remote Central thread.
      That link helped a ton...cracked it open and everything is working fine again.

I was surprised that the Pronto remembered my .ccf without being powered for two weeks.

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"