• Show
Clear All
  • GregoriusM
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2000

Home Theater Master MX-3000

Copied from TTP:

Originally posted by Sonnie Parker
    Well Gregorius, how are you liking your MX-700 or have you moved on to yet another? I've have thuroughly enjoyed mine. Very easy to program and works flawlessly.
    I'm glad to hear you like your MX-700, Sonnie.

I'm on to the MX-800. Works great with the RF!!!

I'll also be getting an MX-3000, the touchscreen model, next week for evaluation. The software is pretty cool. You can open Pronto CCF files and copy the learned codes and the graphics by dragging and dropping into the MX-3000 Editor software. 32 megs of ram. Probably 24 megs for the user. 16 bit color. 2-handed jobby though. I've held it in my hand, and haven't quite decided whether I like the idea or not.

Here's the URL for a look at it:

The screen on it is not the one that will be shipping. It will be brighter, sharper and more contrast. Also, it has a pretty rinkydink setup on it in the pic.

You can use backgrounds, buttons, etc. made up of animated GIFS, GIFS, JPEGs and BMPs. It's being started out at a $995 MSRP, but that should go down. Similar pricing to when the Pronto Pro came out.

Should be interesting to see what people think of it. I'll know in a couple of weeks more about it since I'll be in Home Theater Master's booth at CEDIA from the 5th to the 7th of September.

I love my 700/800 though. I'm a button person at heart. I'm hoping, though, that the 3000 will be able to be customized to the same extent or better than the Pronto, so that people will be able to write utilities, etc. for it, and also so that it can be easy for a person who hasn't used the remote before to operate the home theater. It includes tracking of Power On/Off variables too, so that should help where there are no discrete codes for a device.

It supports three of your owns databases: IR Database, Sound Database, and Image Database. You can use any .wav sound. You can actually setup a help menu that explains what to do in your own voice. That would be kind of cool!

Anyway, maybe I'll give you a mini-evaluation when I get back from CEDIA (in the remote control forum).

Later....

Greg

Edit: I'll be adding a mini-review to this thread as I go through the software and after I have some time with the remote in my hands.
    Gregor
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Looks like a very nice remote Greg. I'm very jealous that you're going to Cedia..that's like mecca for us AV nutcases ;x(

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"