X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SMiLEY
    • Sep 2000

Hello, my name is Jeff, and I'm addicted to video games

Oh man.

I have a problem. I'm addicted to the PS2 game SSX and I don't have a PS2.

Oh the horror.
  • Joey Millison
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Jeff,
    Heh, kind of like the fact that I'm addicted to the Aibo, and yet I don't own one. I feel your pain brother, oh yes, I feel your pain!

Comment

• P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Being addicted to something that you don't even have, that's got to be tough. I'm assuming you've at least played it once on somebody's machine?

Now what's this Aibo thing? And excactly how is this related to gaming? Jesh, you'd think a moderator would have something good to say.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
      Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Ah yes, those of us that need it and don't have it.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Joey

Here's a thought, get a real dog
          Otherwise build you own toy, and join "Battle Bots" on TV

theAudioWorx
          Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• SMiLEY
            • Sep 2000

Yeah, I play it at a friend's place. Fortunately, I have a key to my friend's place!!

Comment

• Joey Millison
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

If your friend has a PS2, you should talk to your friend about becoming roommates

Comment

• SiliGoose
                • Aug 2000

Don't worry Jeff, SSX is video crack. You can't help but get addicted!

It is easily the best PS2 game right now. In fact, I'd have to rate it among the best racing games ever made. For those who may not know, SSX is a racing game based on snowboarding.

Unlike traditional racing games SSX incorporates stunts into the game. Other snowboarding titles have stunts too but the makers of SSX integrate stunts into the racing mold better than all previous efforts.

It won't do you much good to just fly down the mountain as fast as you can. To excel at SSX you really need to master the stunts. As you successfully perform stunts you receive 'boost' to go ever faster. The stunts have a direct affect on the outcome of the race.

The control is ultra precise and makes sense in the physical game world. The stunts add a great deal of depth to the game and the tracks are as outrageous as they come.

I've had SSX dreams this past week. I think I need another fix...

-Sili
                www.campmurphy.net

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"