X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

1st Viewing of PS2

I just got back from the Sony store, I was looking around at the new toys and I must say (rather embarressedly) I walked right by the PS2 playing the track and field demo on the 36" wega. On a casual glance, I thought it was just a broadcast image of a stadium.

I asked the sales person if he had a PS2 in store and he sid "yes you were just looking at it" Bahahahaha!

So I play with it for a bit, very nice. The graphics are impressive for NTSC and on par with PC's. The 100M runners were great in how they strut up to the line "being all that" with atitude, and how they shake their heads in disgust after they have lost.

This unit is even sexier in operation than the pictures show it to be. It looks to be a nice addition to a media centre.

I'm impressed, I can't wait for Metal Gear Solid "Sons of Liberty" for PS2, it's going to be an adventure. That and Granturismo for PS2.

Bing
    Bing
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

So far, all I have seen is a sign that says, sorry we are currently sold out of the PS2, lol.

Sounds cool.

Lex

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

The Sony Store was the one place not taking pre-orders on the PS2. they said they did not want to dissapoint anybody by not being able to fulfill and order...

On the up side they expect to get a 9000es DVD/SACD in a couple of weeks....whoohoo! looking forward to hearing this.

Bing
      Bing

Comment

• SiliGoose
        • Aug 2000

If Sony really wanted to impress they should make a 9000es that can play PS2 games!

-Sili
        www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

OH boy, leave it to Sili to open a new can of worms

Bing, I have yet to see a live demo so, it's nice to hear that it is worth the upgrade for graphics.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Joey Millison
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Between the Aibo and the Playstation2 I'm beginning to think that Sony needs a new marketing department who can project a larger amount of orders I'm with Lex on this one, I'm sure the PS2 looks nice but the "Sorry, no PS2, SOLD OUT" stickers are getting old. You'd think that Willy Wonka was throwing some golden tickets in some of the boxes!

I, for one, would love to see one in person!

Comment

• Bing Fung
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

Joey, I think Sili would be my choice for Sony's product line managment. 9000es that plays PS2?? You got your first customer Sili....

John, I lived on my PS1, MGS and GT. But could not come back after buying a new PC. The PS2 and MGS should bring me back

Bing
              Bing

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"