X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Polk-Ey
    • Dec 2004

Ps2 or X-Box

I've been lookin and lookin at both these consoles and still can't come to a final decision. I've played both of them, love the graphics and sound but don't want to have regrets about my purchase.

From what I see, Ps2 dosen move as quickly as X-B but seems to have better games. But when I play ANY sports game on X-B IM blown away!

AAAAAHHHHH...

Just need some honest opinion's on these.
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

if youre a home theatre fan, the choice is very very very simple. Xbox games all support atleast 480p and 5.1 sound. very very few ps2 games support 480p, Im talking like 3 or 4 total. And None of them support in-game 5.1, only some cutscenes have 5.1. Now for dvd's the ps2 plays 5.1 obviously.

I have 3 xbox's and about 50 games, I love it. I can send pictures and music to them via my network and use them for more than just gaming consoles.

If you like online play, again, Xbox is the only choice with xbox live. 50.00 a year goes a long way, its the best thing going in the industry right now. But be warned, Xbox 2 is 10 to 11 months away, regardless of what some say.

I can guarantee it will be out b4 this time next year. At 150.00, the xbox is a good choice still, just keep reminding yourself xbox 2 isnt far off.

Im not the best person to ask though really, I'm not a fan of Sony at all. But the above I posted is all fact, not opinion.

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

The best system is one that offers the game you want. If the Xbox offers the games you want then buy one.

Really there is no correct answer here.

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I have the X-Box, and my son and daughter have the Sony Playstation. If you are looking for titles, then Sony is the way to go. X-Box has some great games, especially live versions, that is probably one of their most salient points, (try Halo2 live). I agree with Shane, it's really a matter of personal preference. Do a google search, I am sure there are some forums out there that have provided comparisons.

My personal opinion X-Box, because of 5.1, hard drive and processor speed, and on-line play, but I am sure that will change soon with the advent of new games consoles, by Sony and Microsoft.

You could always get both :rofl: and then provide a comparison for us on the forum .

Good luck on your choice(s),

Azeke

Comment

• wozza
          • Jan 2005

my personal opinion? Xbox! without a shadow of a doubt.
          A Chipped xbox is possibly the greatest console on the planet. You can fill it with all your DivX's and stick emulators on it for that Nostalgic Sega Genesis/MegaDrive gameplay! Check out http://www.teamxecuter.com/ and http://www.xbox-scene.com/ for more info on that!

It has 5.1 support and 480p (minimum) upto 1080i support for you HDTV owners!

I think the Xbox has better games (read: Fable/DJFFNY!).. Didn't rate halo 2 at all (Most anticipated game ever... all they did was let u hold 2 guns! huge anticlimax!)

my $0.02
          wozza
          http://www.ph34r.me.uk/
          Ph34r Is Everything

Comment

• junior77blue
            • Nov 2004

I have both an x-box & PS2.

For online game play, xbox is the only way to go...but you have to pay for it. PS2 is free, but you get what you pay for...

Games, well most games are made for both platforms. Having said that there are few select games which are only made for one or the other, i.e. GranTursimo or Halo.

But the xbox is a superior machine and in most cases will play better, i.e. graphics and sound! Not to mention the controller is MUCH better than the ps2, but that is my opinion.

If you HAVE to get one now, get an xbox. Or you can wait for the better but more expensive PS3 or Xbox (~1 year time frame).

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"