• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Max Payne Anyone???

Anyone playing Max Payne?

I just spent the last hour on the edge of my seat with my face 2 inches away from my monitor :B

This game is awesome!!!! I really like the story line and cinema sequences along side the real time play. The graphics engine is superb an level of detail is stunning.

My favorite item is to have 2 Berrettas (AKA John Woo) walk into a room and just plug away. The Bullet time mode slows down the play and gives you the Matrix type action sequence, and is kinda cool as well. Most times though I walk around with the Pump action shot gun as it is the most effective. I hear I'm near the point of getting a Dual set of fully Automatic machineguns (Ingrams) that are the cats a**

The 3D sound of this game is very well executed, but the graphics are what does it of me :B

Bing
    Bing
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Yea, great shoot 'em up. There's nothing like walking into a room filled with 6 bad guys and blowing them all away in vivid slow motion. Sounds perverse but it's quite a rush.

This game will really take off when it's released on home consoles next year. Namco is working on a very similar title too. Bullet time and everything.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Here are some sceen shots...

Even these don't do the images justice. Currently, I running it at a 1600x1200, 32 Bit color, Quincunx antialiasing, all details enabled. I don't see much difference with the antialiast settings, it must not require it at 1600x1200.

Sili, what is Namco's version?

Bing
      Bing

Comment

• Trevor Schell
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Those are some pretty awesome screen shots Bing.
        Actually very PAYNE-ful for me to look at considering my PII 266 MHZ system would come to a screeching halt trying to load those.
        Once the AMD is up and running ...watch out.
        Anyways,,Looks like a 'Must Have' game.

Trevor
        My HomeTheater S.E.
        Sonically Enhanced
        C5
        Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• SiliGoose
          • Aug 2000

I think Namco's game is called "Dead To Rights". Its been announced on Xbox, Gamecube, and PS2. It looks pretty good...it has more of a "Hong Kong" feel look to it though.

-Sili
          www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

Trev, apparently Max doesn't take a lot of hardware to play... However once you have your new PC up, you'll be ready!

I'll have to look for that one Sili.

Problem with Max is I can only play it for so long before I have to quit, I get this queasy feeling in my stomach. Not as bad as Quake, but still it's a bummer.

On another note, I notice Halo (Xbox) allows you to be first person shooter, and then jump into a vehical and drive that around while shooting up the joint.... Too cool, I hope my stomach can deal with that

Bing
            Bing

Comment

• John Holmes
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Bing,

This game does look good. I may have to add this one to my collection. But like you, 1st person games gets me feeling sick as well.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
              "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Bing Fung
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Aug 2000

Hey John, kinda glad to hear it's not only me Max is a 3rd person shooter and does not affect me as quickly as Quake, still, I have to take a break from it after a while.

Bing
                Bing

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

3rd person is great to hear. I can deal with them alot longer. I'll try to find a demo of Max so I can check it out. Looks worth buying though!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                  "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"