X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crytklmass
    • Dec 2008

samsung stumped? cant view Max Payne

I own a Samsung model 1500. I tried to watch max payne and it kept freezing or the sound stopped. So, I visited http://www.blu-raydisc.com/en/Technical/Updates.html. this is there statement for my model:
    While a few Profile 1.1 players—Samsung’s BD-P1500, for example—can be upgraded to Profile 2.0 via firmware. Profile 1.0 players unfortunately cannot be upgraded past Profile 1.0, though, with but a few very rare exceptions. But don’t blame the firmware; the reasons for this are almost entirely hardware-related..
    Read more.

I unfortunately have version (profile) 1.0, I made an image on cd and tried to upgrade my firmware. the only version available to download is 2.3 for samsung model 1500 (c). after watching my t.v. for an hour (seriously) I finally shut it down, no upgrade, max payne still will not play. I guess I have to buy a new blu ray player, which I planned on anyways, either the pioneer elite or denon 3800. (leaning towards the denon). I owned this player less than 1 year and it's already outdated. :M

Anyone else have issues viewing Max Payne on Blu Ray?
    BOB
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Gen 1 devices are almost always outdated rather quickly.

Comment

• crytklmass
      • Dec 2008

I hope the Gen 1 McIntosh MX150 isnt the same... lol
      BOB

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

According to Samsung, the 1500 is 1.1, upgradeable to 2.0. Confused on how you say you only have profile 1.0.

Did you rent the movie? May be scratched.

Kevin D.

Comment

• crytklmass
          • Dec 2008

I purchased a blu ray copy, I watched it on my laptop with no problems. I already called samsung. they will send a firmware update cd, but will not make any guarantee's it will work.
          BOB

Comment

• heapatrouble
            • Feb 2009

What you are describing is a well-documented issue many reviewers have noted with Samsung players - compatibility. Many reviewers have found that Samsung players of any generation will occasionally not play certain Bluray discs. This issue, however, has traditionally not existed with certain other Manufacturers' players. Most notably, the DMP-BD35/55 have been very reliable and are Profile 2.0 players. I own a 35, and have experienced no compatibility issues or glitches. It has reliably played every Bluray disc I own as well as all those I have gotten from Netflix. And it's considerably less expensive than the Denon you have been contemplating.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"