X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Lit Pixel On LCD Monitor

Well I got my LCD monitor today and I have to say I'm disappointed.

It has one lit pixel about a 1/4" from the bottom of the frame near the center.... sigh :cry: I know that the Type II specification allows about 10 defective pixels, but why me??? Most times it's not noticable, as it covered by the tool bar. I know it's there and when ever it goes to a fully black screen, ie, sceen saver it's there.

I had purchased this as a secondary monitor for a dual display, so it's not that bad for that. Christine and Katherine stated it doesn't bother them, but it certainly bothers me.

So do I return it for another (I lose $33 bucks shipping) for another? Based on the specification my chances are good I'll get another like this one, just in another spot. I know my laptop at work has one on the side as well. Apperently this is not considered a flaw at all so I could not return it as defective. I would have to return it as unsatisfactory.

Lex, Jon, you guys have LCD's, what are your thoughts and do you have defective pixels?

Bing
    Bing
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

My first laptop, (Hitachi), had a lit pixel, and it annoyed the hell out of me, soon as I opened the thing up. I promptly returned it for another unit, even if I had to wait.

Loose the 33 bucks, will be worth it in the long run, but make sure they understand if they send you a defective one this time, it's THEIR expense next time shipping.

That's a real bummer man. Goodluck with the decision.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Yeah, I'm sure it's going back....

Bing
      Bing

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Send it back. You wouldn't be happy with a dead pixel. I know it would drive me nuts!!

I've had several laptops over the course of my life and none have had defective pixels. They aren't as common as the manufacturers want you to believe.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
        My HT Site

Comment

• P-Dub
          Office Moderator
          • Aug 2000

Bing, which model NEC did you get? Is that the new LCD1850E?

I'm now entertaining purchasing a NEC LCD1700V. There's a US$50 mail in rebate on this unit if purchased before April 14, 2002. I'd probably get Futureshop to price match a local PC retailer, http://www.atic.ca, so I'm looking at $960 plus tax.
          Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

Hey Paul, actually mine is a 15" monitor. I had considered a 17" however this is to be a secondary display and I needed a smaller display to conserve desk space.

It's just the right size on my desktop with my 19" monitor. eventually this 15" may go to Katherine and I'll get another.

That's a good price on the 17" Nec.

Well. I'm sending this one back and should have a new one to audit.... Arhh Monitors are like shoes, I think you really have to try them on before buying. Unfortunatly the local store typically don't carry the selection of monitors I'm intrested in with out special orders

Bing
            Bing

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"