X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

More advertures in videoland

Well the Projector looks pretty good, and I've promised myself to stop adjusting it for while, I can only work on my Hush box during the day/ waking hours, so I need a silent, later night project...you say, Kenny, what could you do late at night that won't wake the family???

HTPC mods!!!

I know Jon is having great success with winDVD, and by the way I need to thank you Jon, I got that patch last week...installed it and immediately crashed the HTPC no biggie, it came right back up, but I've been having alot of trouble with winDVD, even after the patch, my computer just doesn't seem to like this combo for some reason, it's crashed and locked up several times, it absolutely will not play "Dark City" or "Man in the Iron Mask" it locks the computer up every time...so it's back to powerDVD starting tomorrow (monday)
    I'm also going to do a little filter mod to my Elsa Gladiac video card, all who have done this say it's a huge difference...we'll see about that.
    I f your interested in the mod yourself go here http://www.geocities.com/porotuner/imagequality.html good explanation, and good illustrations...Kenny
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Hi Kenny,

Let me know what you think of the filter mods. Of course, the "right" way to do it would be mod one card, and directly compare with an unmodded card.
    I've heard comments both directions about the results; I think you'd have to be running at a high pixel clock rate for the reduced filtering to make much difference. Let us know what you think!

The WINDVD thing is odd, I've had flawluss results with 2.64, even on my ABIT KT7 based system, and ThomasW thinks those MB's are the spawn of the devil. Computer karma? Driver level differences? Who knows?

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

Well, after pulling my video card out and looking at what must be removed and bypassed I'm getting second thoughts, those capacitors are very small, I've got a nice magnifying glass with built-in light, I've also been trained in conventional soldering methods, but never on anything this small, does anyone have any tips I should be aware off, like tip temperature??? Also looking at this board, all the components I'm going to remove look like surface mounts, with no leads going into the circut brd, just a heat and remove type scenerio...is this correct???Kenny

Comment

• KennyG
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2000

Jon, you mention "high pixel clock rate" at 1200X675 I'm not that high, but would increasing the V. scan rate from something like 60hz up to 120hz increase the pixel clock rate?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"