X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gump
    • Sep 2005

Posting Pics

Can someone walk me through posting pics on the forum please?

Can't seem to figure out exactly how to do it...

I'm using a Mac computer with my pics stored in iPhoto. Will that work?

Asked for help on the photography thread and didn't get any response.

Sorry about being the computer Villiage idiot ops: .......and thanks.
  • technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

There are two ways to do it (as far as I'm aware)

1. Use something like Photobucket. Basically your photos are uploaded online and a link is placed in the forum using IMG tags to show your picture. The upside of this is you can have larger images and they automatically load. The downside is, if you change your link (i.e. reorganize your Photobucket account) then the image disappears from the site. Not a huge deal if the thread isn't likely to be important in the future, but for many things you would want it to be a bit more redundant.

2. Upload to HTGuide itself. This will require reducing the image file size, something iPhoto can probably do. If it can't, there are many small programs online you can download for free, I'll bet there are some good ones for the Mac but I really don't know what they would be. I don't know the size limitations here, but they are probably around 100-200k or so.

Hope this helps!
    - Danny

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"