X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

My HTPC received a new look! (Pics)

My previous HTPC case became boring, plus it didn't fit properly inside my tv stand. So some simple upgrades, new case, new fan controller, and new fan. The new case is an Antec NSK2580. Brushed aluminum front, stealth DVD cover, and clean layout. I added a Scythe fan controller that is a glossy black LCD. I choose it in black because from a distance, it looks like the LCD of any processor or AV receiver. Lastly, I added some Scythe 120mm fans. These things run so inaudible, and my systems cpu stays running at a relatively cool 28-29° celsius. Only two fans in total, but great ventilation design allows for everything to keep cool. Great case!

And this is what it looks like with the rest of the system...
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Nice! I like the Antec HTPC cases.

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Cool! The next case I get is a Micro ATX with a small screen on the front looks really nice I love it. I'd look it up but I'm a bit sick and just woke up lol aka to lazy at the moment.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Very nice :T
        Jason

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Hey Dougie. Yeah, I thought about the cases with the screens but 1) only a very few had a depth of under 16" (to fit my rack) and 2) reading through customer reviews, a majority complained about getting the VFD to work properly. It's not really something I knew I would use, so I didn't bother. I'm very happy with this case though.

Comment

• impala454
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2007

looks great, like it belongs with your other stuff.
            -Chuck

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Well the one I'm referring to has an LCD on the front. And it came with software to power it. The reason I wanted such a thing is that I use my HTPC for music (all FLAC) and so it would display it up on the screen and what not and I wouldn't have to have my TV on as much. Here is the one I've been eying.

Comment

• audioqueso
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

Yeah, same thing here. That's what I was thinking. My HTPC is solely for music (mostly APE), pictures, Nintendo/SNES games, and some misc videos. About 95% of the time it's music. I thought about how I could use the LCD if I purchased one, but when I really thought about, I knew I wouldn't use the screen as much.

I always have two options on what to do with my tv when I'm playing music. I can set these cool equalization visuals (is that what it's called?) that play with the music. I have various depending on the music. It's not too distracting, and just looks nice. Or press my No Video button, and it kills the video feed to the tv. The tv will go into standby if it doesn't detect anything for longer than 2 minutes.

Comment

• audioqueso
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

My absolute favorite HTPC case by looks is the Thermaltake Mozart cases. Those would match perfectly with anyone who has a Classe setup. I don't have Classe, so no problem for me. Plus they're really deep so I couldn't fit it in my AV rack.

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Cool, dude! You say there's two fans in there? What are the four LED readout displays?
                    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                    - Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Nov 2004

PSU fan, CPU fan, and two case fans. The two fans was in regards to the case.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"