X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tf1216
    • Apr 2006

Powering off PS3 question

Does anyone else's PS3 not power down after holding their finger on the power button?

Instead of the green LED turning red, the LED remains green and blinks repeatedly. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Isn't holding the finger there a factory default?

Kevin D.

Comment

• Pez
      • May 2004

Are you sure you are holding your finger over the power button and not the eject button?

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Also, you do need to hold it on the power button for a few seconds, not just one push.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• NMG
          • Oct 2004

Yeah, hold your finger on the power button for a few seconds. Going from memory, I'm pretty sure the LED on my PS3 does blink for a few seconds while it is shutting down and then it turns to solid red. It's not an immediate transition from holding the button down to it going red.

Comment

• tf1216
            • Apr 2006

Sorry, I was not very clear. I am positive I am talkig about the power button. I do push down on the button until I hear a beep. The LED then blinks a few times and sometimes the LED turns red. Other times, the LED does not turn red, instead it stays green and I believe the blue LED keeps blinking.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Comment

• H.T.C
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by tf1216
              Sorry, I was not very clear. I am positive I am talkig about the power button. I do push down on the button until I hear a beep. The LED then blinks a few times and sometimes the LED turns red. Other times, the LED does not turn red, instead it stays green and I believe the blue LED keeps blinking.

Am I the only one with this issue?
              What should happen is this,the green lite will blink while blue stays on and then blue will go off and then green should blink just once more,than finally red goes on.
              Robert

Comment

• tf1216
                • Apr 2006

Agreed. Last night the PS3 powered down fine. More than not, the red LED will not light-up, the green LED will continue to blink.

I have tried ejecting the DVD prior to powering down. That does not help.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"