RSX-1550/1560/1570 with PS3 (Owners please check)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpirovol
    • Dec 2007

RSX-1550/1560/1570 with PS3 (Owners please check)

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if a fellow owner with a RSX-1550/1560/1570 & a PS3 could help me out with a test. When you are using your ps3 via HDMI it should show mutli-channel but when you play a divx does it go play in D PLII?

I am using a new code from Rotel and my issue is this. When I try and play a divx sometimes I get audio and sometimes I do not. I need to press the 2ch audio button to get it to play audio. Not a big deal but could not remember if I had this issue with V1.1.2.

So as a test try and play a few divx's maybe 5 do they all play audio everytime?

When I try it, it may play audio 2 or 3 times out of 5 but it will always starts working when I press the 2ch audio button and if I press it again it will still play with PLII. I think it has something to do with changing from Multi-channel to PLII it gets stuck.

Thanks Terry
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Are you running a 5.1 system, or less?

I don't have a any divx movies to test with, but have noticed some odd things with my PS3 on multi-channel PCM sources.

Anything in stereo on the PS3 will output stereo where PLII will typically be able to be applied so that's correct.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"