X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coen
    • Apr 2005

green image

Hello everybody
    I'm new on this forum and have some problems with writing English.

I have a problem with my DVD-player. When i use rhe stop button or pause butten and afther that i puse play te picture is like i see trhoug green sunglasses.

What could be the problem
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Your English is better than any foreign language I can write..

Sounds like an issue with the scart/component settings or a compatibility issue with your TV. I'll let someone more familiar with the scart settings to chime in.

Kevin D.

Comment

• lars
      • Feb 2005

Coen, does it work fine before you press stop/pause and then resume?

If no (always green), then I would check the cable and pins at each end of the connection.

- Lars

Comment

• Marcel54
        • Jan 2004

I had the same problem and it is easily solved. You need to set your DVD on Scart and use an Scart input on your tv that supports composite. You may not use an RGB input because that causes the problem.

Good luck with it.

Marcel

Comment

• Coen
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by lars
          Coen, does it work fine before you press stop/pause and then resume?

If no (always green), then I would check the cable and pins at each end of the connection.

- Lars
          If i just put the DVD in and press play i have a normale picture.
          I have connected with component and scart. If i schwitch to scart i have no problem on the TV dut the screen of the 1098 turn in black and white

Comment

• Marcel B
            • Nov 2004

what kind of DVD?

If I play a NTSC-disc on my PAL player with the player set to PAL-60 the screen is in black and white.When the DVD-player (or my laserdisc player) is set to NTSC (or auto) the screen is in color.

This off course only applies to region 1 and Japanese region 2 discs, although there are some NTSC-disc out there which have no region-restriction and are sold here in the netherlands.

Imo this is not a failure.

Marcel B

Comment

• rotuuser
              • May 2009

Green Image / Screen with RDV-1060

Hi,

The same problem has occured in my RDV-1060. The player has been in use now for more than two years playing both PAL and NTSC videos, so I find it odd that this started now.

I am experiencing the same phenomenon: pressing play after stopping or pausing my DVD turns screen green. If I let the movie run from the beginning/menu it never turns green: only pressinf play after pause or stop. Turning the player off and back on brings the colors back: any other key sequence (subsequent pauses, plays, stops, rewinds etc.) help nothing.

I tried all connections (scart-scart), but they seem to be ok. Could overheating produce the problem? I recently got a new stand for my AV stuff, and the slot for the DVD player is not ventilated too well.

I'd appreciate any help, because I'm out of ideas, and there's no remaining warranty...

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"