X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

Watching TV on a PC

We moved our PC into the spare bedroom and are trying to consolidate the TV that was in there. I just ordered a 22" Samsung monitor (VGA and DVI inputs).

What is the easiest way to watch TV on the PC? I've got a Hauppage TV card that I've used in the past but I was wondering if there is another way.
    Danish
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

The Happauge card will do the trick, though you might look at upgrading to an HD capable card if it isn't already.

You can use the PC as a DVR as well.

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

No, it is an older card I got on eBay for $5 or something. I knew you could use it as a DVR, but I don't have the HDD capcity. I do have a HD-DVR Dish receiver though...

The other thing I thought about was using the DVI output of the Dish Receiver with the monitor. I'm assuming that it will display it?
      Danish

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by dyazdani
        No, it is an older card I got on eBay for $5 or something. I knew you could use it as a DVR, but I don't have the HDD capcity. I do have a HD-DVR Dish receiver though...

The other thing I thought about was using the DVI output of the Dish Receiver with the monitor. I'm assuming that it will display it?
        It should display in theory, but it will provide only the video, but I'm sure you knew that already .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"