X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comeup
    • Jul 2005

Dishes Vip 622 Dvr Mpeg4/mpeg2

I'm really excited about this new dvr and looking forward to using it. It just came today. You that have Dish Network please get this DVR I could not believe the sound coming from this unit I was looking forward to the DVR features until I turned it on and heard it on sirus pure jazz station it sounds awsome. Someone told me that it sounds the way it does because of MPEG4 which I know nothing about. From all the reviews i've read all they talk about are the features and the picture, but it sounds darn good can't stop listening to it. Can someone please explain the difference of MPEG4 and MPEG2??????
    Blake
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Difference of about 2.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Mpeg4 has higher compression on video, thus allowing them to get a better picture on more channels using fewer satellite transponders.

The flip side is there's only 3-5 channels utilizing Mpeg4 on Dish, none of which are the audio channels.

Kevin D.

Comment

• comeup
        • Jul 2005

Well, I guest the 622 has better audio dacs on it because it sure sounds alot better than the vip211 which I had before just found out that it has mpeg4 also. One thing I don't like about the 622 is if the channels are turned too fast it will freeze and has to be rebooted. Strange that no one talks about the audio portion of this unit.

thanks for the info
        Blake

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"