X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woo Wooooo
    • May 2004

RSP-1098 & Dish Player DVR 942

Well I bit the bullet and leased a HD DVR 942 from dish network. Has any one here have the same combo? I have not received it yet but noticed on the back of the box for TV1 which will be in my theater room only has Component and HDMI for video out. I will be using the Component to my TV since I do not have either HDMI or DVI. My question is being that TV 1 does not have COMPOSITE out, how can I connect it to the RSP-1098 to get video to the TFT screen. The 2nd TV out will be going to another room and TV.
    Any Ideas or solutions would be great.....
    here is a link to the Dish HD DVR
  • Woo Wooooo
    • May 2004

Guess I have everyone stumpped................. :B

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Weird choice on connectors but according to this

The DVR 942's back panel mysteriously omits a couple of connections. It provides a set of component-video outputs with stereo audio as well as an HDMI jack, but there's neither an S-Video output nor a standard composite-video output associated with TV #1. Sure, you'll use the high-def connections to watch TV #1, but S-Video is great for archiving standard TV and downconverted HDTV to a DVD recorder or a VCR. For the archive path, you could use the connections for TV #2, which include an RF output and a composite A/V output, but that would monopolize control of the second TV, which would be stuck watching whatever you're archiving. Other jacks include the requisite satellite-RF inputs, an input for your over-the-air antenna, and a termination for the antenna associated with the remote for TV #2. An optical digital output and a phone jack for ordering pay-per-view are also available. Note that connecting the HDMI cable renders the component-video outputs inoperable (standard procedure for HDMI) but doesn't affect the optical digital output, which can still pass full Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.
      You could use the TV2's outputs as a work around...

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

There's a button on the front that changes it from dual user to single user mode. When in single user mode, all the outputs show the TV1 output. In this mode you lose seperate control of TV2.

It should work ok, any time you need to see whats going on on the 1098, switch to single user mode and do your thing. When done, switch back to dual user mode. Side effect is when in dual user mode, the 1098 will show whatever they are watching (good for kids I guess).

Kevin D.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
          • May 2004

Thanks for the advice.... I'm just trying to figure out if I want to "lose" TV2 all together and dedicate it to just the media room or just "share" what she is watching in the other room on the TFT screen. If I do the sharing then I can turn her box in and save $5 bucks a month..... :E hmmm how many months of saving the 5 bucks till i can get the RMB-1095 :B :rofl:

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"