?s and Coments on the Hitachi 51 S700 ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • etrauma1
    • May 2004

?s and Coments on the Hitachi 51 S700 ??

Hi folks i'm new to the forum... and i've just made arrangments to buy a new S700... can any of you all give me a bit of feedback as to quality and performance... thanks much

and a good weekend to ya'll
    Scott
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Welcome Scott

You might get more results if you post in the RPTV area (see my signature). (Kevin, when ya get chance to move this.... thanks buddy :wink: )

I own a lower-model Hitachi myself and couldn't be happier. Hitachi is my pick for RPTV's and the S series sets are one of their better examples. I'm sure you'll be quite happy :T You'll likely require some tweaking to get the set looking good. (Remember to turn off all sharpness, SVM, noise reduction etc. Basically any of the supposed "picture enhancements" :throwup: ) Have you picked up a copy of Video Essentials or AVIA yet? Have you any plans to get the set ISF'd? I highly recommend it if you have the funds available as your set will go from really good to stunning! :E

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Moved thread

Ok, I moved the thread to the RPTV section.

Hitachi makes nice RPTVs. I've tweaked a few in my day. With proper calibration they'll rival anything else out there in RPTV land, especially if you can feed it a HDTV (1080i) signal.

One thing that's tricky with Hitachis is getting the Sharpness set correctly. Crank it down too low and you'll get a soft picture. Keep it too high and you get edge enhancement artifacts. Get a copy of Video Essentials or AVIA and use the test patterns to get it right.

Comment

• Bam!
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2004

I have to say I like Hitachi a lot.....

I have a 6 year old 60 inch RPTV...it runs like 20 hours a day....we often forget to shut it off......works like a charm,,,a real diesel!

:T
        Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"