Possible problems with a Pioneer Elite Pro-610hd crt-rptv. Any suggestions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeremy77
    • May 2005

Possible problems with a Pioneer Elite Pro-610hd crt-rptv. Any suggestions?

I have a Pioneer Elite Pro-610hd hd-crt-rptv and recently I noticed horizontal lines going through the picture. The lines are the most defined any time the tv has a solid color or plain white background on the program material be it dvd or hdtv. It is hard to describe this in words, but it looks like a ghost image of faded out and somewhat thick (appear to be about 1/16 inch thick) horizontal lines "on top" of the picture. Kind of like looking through a "screen" but I only see horizontal lines. Right now it is not to bad, but you can see the lines. I never noticed this before and was wondering if anyone might know what the problem is? The tv is out of warranty (the tv is 5 years old) so no luck on warranty repairs.
    I was also wondering if it is worth having the Pro-610hd repaired or get another crt rptv of equal or better picture quality? If I end-up getting another crt rptv I would like to know what brands are recommend?
    Currently I am looking at the Mitsubishi 55" and the Hitachi 57" model# 57F510. I am not "stuck" on these brands, just looking for advice.

Any information would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Jeremy
  • Sithlord
    • Aug 2004

Sorry to hear about your problem. First I would call Pioneer and see what costs are involved in having a service tech come out and check it out. If the situation is bad, then I would recommend Hitachi as I own a 57" (Australian model most recent) and it's fantastic for the money. I was looking at Toshiba but they were just too expensive for the same size. Our RRPTVs here in Australia are limited in model availability unlike the US where Hitachi RPTV have HDMI now. DLP TV technology is becoming affordable now so you may want to look into that option as well. Anyway good luck with your enquires and good hunting.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I've got a Hitachi and it's fantastic :T Mitsubishi's the other brand I'd recommend
      Jason

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

Does it happen on all inputs? Likely it will need to be looked at. Having it looked at will run you anywhere from $100-$400 depending on what's up. I didn't see too many issues that ran much past that unless it was a CRT tube and I can't imagine that is the issue here. Now whether you want to spend that kind of cash on an existing set is only something you can answer.

I will say that if you do decide to buy a new set, I'd look at the brands suggested Hitachi and Mits. I know that when I was buying Hitachis were alot more money and I didn't see the quality difference to pay the extra cash. A person I know of in Georgia said he saw a 65" 9" crt Mits for $2200ish delivered which is a deal and a half. Mits is the only manufacturer of CRT RPTV's left to go with 9" guns on its sets.

I would almost recommend a Sony but I've heard of too many issues with them lately to suggest them. I didn't care for the picture when I compared it next to a Mits at the store.

Comment

• Jeremy77
          • May 2005

Shane Martin,
          yes it does happen on all the inputs that I am using. Component 1.hdtv 2.dvd. input 3 is s-video and I use the switching in my dc-1 for (dish, laser disk, and s-vhs).
          Thanks for the help
          Jeremy

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

Power Supply or solder joints are my 2 thoughts of what issues are causing it. Likely it will cost you a few hundred atleast.

IMHO, given how good the Elite sets were, I don't think you'll improve the Picture at all unless you get a 9" crt Mits. The others would be a lateral or downgrade to me. Elites were considered the very best CRT.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"