X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Lex
    You's guys get your shorts in a bunch over about anything nowadays, haha.

I'm relaxing in my age group. Mellowing. It's not worth worrying, I say enjoy, enjoy enjoy! :-)
    I don't particularly care for LCD TV's and this whole LED thing is purposely misleading consumers to thinking they're getting something different. It's annoying and borderline false advertising.
    Jason

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

pretty much fooled me
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Exhibit A ^^^
        Jason

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

If only an affordable LED lit front projector were on offer (no need to ever replace the bulb). That is something I could get behind. But I've yet to see even an LED-lit LCD flat panel that looked as good as the best (or even second best) plasmas, let alone the OLED display I saw a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I've always wanted to be Exhibit A
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ovation
              If only an affordable LED lit front projector were on offer (no need to ever replace the bulb). That is something I could get behind. But I've yet to see even an LED-lit LCD flat panel that looked as good as the best (or even second best) plasmas, let alone the OLED display I saw a couple of weeks ago.
              Another decade and we'll probably have roll down 100"+ OLED screens that cost the equivalent of less than $2500 of today's dollars.
              Jason

Comment

• Ovation
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by aud19
                Another decade and we'll probably have roll down 100"+ OLED screens that cost the equivalent of less than $2500 of today's dollars.
                Well, I've gotten nearly 8 years from my current projector so perhaps my next one will tide me over to that momentous day. That would be AWESOME!!!

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

I suppose this isn't too bad for a 55" OLED. Still 50-30% more than the equivalent LCD/LED models. $2999

As for projectors, I've long been a fan of the Panasonic PT series. I've had the PT-AE2000 for almost 8 years now. If finances work, I'd like to upgrade later this year or so whenever they come out with the next PT series with 4k.
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

[youtube]ZHjsKHKKnw0[/youtube]

Curved TVs are silly - the result of an industry flailing for some new selling point, now that 1080p is pretty much a standard option and the market has proven that no one wants 3D TVs. Vizio wants none of it. To highlight its resistance as Samsung, Sony, LG and the rest of the lot venture into questionable curvy territory, it pushed out a surprisingly chuckle-worthy phony infomercial (infaux-mercial?) mocking the concept.
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"