X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Masters2010
    • Nov 2005

Projection System for a Bar

Hi there, I am looking into setting up a projection screen in my bar. The space has a fair amount of ambient light but the walls, floors, and ceilings will be black. I am on a budget but at the same time don't want to waste my money on an embarrassing setup.

Currently spec'd is the Dell 1610HD projector with the Elite M113S screen. These are both fairly entry level. The projector has 3500lumens of lighting, which I worry might not be enough. I also worry the picture will be terribly mediocre with the ambient light. Is there anything I can do to improve this setup while remaining on a budget? Should I stay with the projector and upgrade the screen? Upgrade the projector and stay with the screen? Upgrade both? Upgrade neither?

Thanks!
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

If the ambient light isn't too bright then 3500 lumens should be plenty. Even with my floor lamp on and stuff with my JVC projector which is putting out maybe 500-800 lumens it's still very watchable.

Comment

• Masters2010
      • Nov 2005

How about if I upgrade to the Dell 4320 projector with 4,300 lumens and the Da-Lite high power screen with 2.4 gain?

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Well it would be even brighter of course.

Comment

• Masters2010
          • Nov 2005

Do you think it would be too bright? How about if I ran it on Eco mode?

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

I'm not really sure, if you had the money the best thing to use would be a Black Diamond II screen with a bright projector like one of those.

Also if uisng it in a bar setting and you don't use a commercial based model the warranty won't be upheld generally.

Comment

• Dean McManis
              Moderator Emeritus
              • May 2003

It should be fine as long as you do not have bright light directly shining on the screen.

You might want to rent a projector with similar specs and shine it on a white wall, or a white sheet hung on the wall to get a feel for how the picture looks in the actual room with the lighting that's there.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"