Do I have to move Projector to change screen size???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

Do I have to move Projector to change screen size???

Let's say I had the Optoma HD81 and wanted a 110" diaganol screen. According to this site I would have to have the Optoma at 17.7'. If I had only 16' to the back wall, would I just have to use a different projector, or do most projectors also have function to adjust screen size without moving the projector? Also, the throw distance is rated at 5.0 - 32.5. If I was only looking at published specs, how would I know the distance needed? Is there a standard for rating throw distances? Thanks all.
    Roly
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

Most projectors allow adjustment of screen size from a fixed projector location - within a range which varies for each projector. The projector central website has a calculator for specific projectors/screen sizes/throw distances:

Find screen size and throw distance for all projectors, as well as seating and lighting recommendations.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Not sure which site you're on, but the 17.7' is the maximum distance you can be from the screen. The range for that projector is 14.8'-17.7'.

You actually want to be closer to the minimum distance, but still have a little wiggle room. I would say put it as close to the back wall as you can and you should be good to go.

Kevin D.

Comment

• caleb
        • Aug 2004

adjustment

As far as I can recall, the Optoma has a range of adjustment of "ZOOM"which allows you to be flexible as to where you mount away from your screen.

This should solve your problem.

Comment

• Rolyasm
          • Dec 2004

Oh sorry,
          I mentioned the site and then didn't paste it. I was looking at ProjectorCentral.com. As I changed the screen diagonal size it moved my projector location further and further back. I assumed it was giving me the "Best" location. It is good to know I have the option for change. Also, Kevin is saying it is best to have the projector near the "minimum distance". If so, and using the calculator at Pcentral.com, how can I derive that information by looking at the site? When I start to shop I just want to be sure I am getting the correct projector and all I will have to look at is the stats listed.
          Roly

Comment

• dyazdani
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

When you start the calculator, make sure the "zoom" scale towards the upper left is set for "Throw Range." Then go down to the Image Diagonal and put in the size of your screen.

The "zoom" box again will show you the min/max distance for that screen size.
            Danish

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"