X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheAberdeenKid
    • Jul 2004

Infocus 4800 DLP projector, 72" pulldown screen $1000

Infocus 4800 DLP projector, 72" pulldown screen $1000 (US)
    Ok I have been visiting this board for a while reading the posts. I must say I think you guys give great advice. I finally decided to join. Heres my question.
    I was set on buying the Infocus 4805 but a local store around here has the 4800 with a screen for a thousand bucks. (not sure who the manufacturer of the screen is thoud) Should I buy the 4805 or is such a good deal I should get the 4800?
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

Welcome!

Hope you stick around!

The Screenplay 4800....is the exact same as the X1.....the firmware is different in both....but it's firmware...my X1 has the 4800 firmware :roll: ...then the adaptor for component is worth 29.00$ shipped...

Just FYi...the X1 can be had for 1250.00$ Can...right now....

Faroudja and all...

I'd think about that...

Brand spanking new !

Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

The major difference I can see between the 4800 and the 4805 is an added component input, a 6 segment color wheel and the fact that the 4805 now has a 16:9 panel with a native resolution of 854 x 480, compared to the 4800's 4:3 native resolution of 800 x 600. If you are going to have a widescreen setup, then the newer native widescreen panel would be beneficial as there would be no light spill. I would also think the 6 segment color wheel would be a bonus, combined withthe newer TI dark chip they are using. t's hard to advise you what to do, but if it were me, I would probably go for the better PJ and find myself a cheap screen for the time being, and add a better one later, or make one myself.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

As far as the realtive value of the deal. Costco is selling the same package for $1200 (4800 + included unbranded screen).

So it sounds as though your store is giving the package away at a very reasonable price.

However, agree with George. Unless you really need a pulldown screen, and maybe even if you do, I'd go for the 4805 for slightly more than the 4800. Work the screen out afterwards.

BB

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"