X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crytklmass
    • Dec 2008

Projector confusion

I currently own an Hitachi PJ-TX100 projector. I paid $1000.00 new about 2 years ago. Now I see it on ebay selling for less than $200.00. I can't believe its basically worthless. I only used mine 4 hours before I had to move. Im currently moving into a home with a basement and contemplated purchasing a new projector. Maybe the Epson 8100 for approx. $1500.00 but with such a huge depreciation in value im unsure if its worth it to buy a projector. My 50" Plasma I bought 2 years ago still sells for approx. $1000.00.
    So why the huge depreciation in projectors? Isn't it the best for cinematic home theaters? so confused if I should buy a new one or not. I dont mind losing 50% but c'mon. this is nuts. A t.v. screen just cannot compare with a 100" projector screen.
    any opinions out there in cyberspace?
    BOB
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I've owned 6 projectors, with one being a huge Zenith CRT FP, and believe me, you get nothing for them used. I end up either donating to a charity or giving to relatives. The problem is, projector prices have declined over the years. Hell, I could buy three projectors today for what I paid for at least 3 of the projectors I've owned. Nothing to do but suck it back I'm afraid. Depreciation aside, though, I still opt for front projection.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• crytklmass
      • Dec 2008

Ya, I wish they held there value more, I guess there just isnt a big market for projectors since there mainly used for movies only. A t.v. can be watched any time. I still prefer 100" screen over my plasma. Love the big screen.
      BOB

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

If it's a CRT, hang on to it, as they might become valuable in the future as collector's items...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"