X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arc Studios
    • Dec 2007

Projector that shoots through screen?

I am wanting to put a projector in the front window of my photography studio to play slideshows when I leave at night. Is there a certain type of screen that will let me shoot through it so I can have the projector inside and the screen can pull down right infront of the window? If so is there a projector that will reverse the image as well? THANKS!!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You'll want to look for a rear projection screen, most manufacturers offer the option.

Pretty much all but the basic projectors have options to reverse the image to work correctly on a rear projection screen.

It should be easy for you to take care of everything.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Arc Studios
      • Dec 2007

Thanks so much Kevin, is there a place where I can find one cheap, I can only find ones that are 5 grand!!! Im looking to spend a few hundred.

Originally posted by Kevin D
      You'll want to look for a rear projection screen, most manufacturers offer the option.

Pretty much all but the basic projectors have options to reverse the image to work correctly on a rear projection screen.

It should be easy for you to take care of everything.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I have a used Yamaha projector that I'm selling... $8,000 new, I'd sell it for dirt cheap. If you're interested, we could take this into the pawn shop and make it official.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Well I believe he's looking for the screen material Chris.

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Sure, no worries! For projection screens, I recommend following the link on the top of the page for Carada screens. I think all of the major manufacturers make screens capable of rear projection.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• IllNastyImpreza
              • Jan 2008

yeah... most PJs will have an option to rear project.

now what material to use for this is another question...

anyone ?

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

The technical composition of the material... I have no idea. But if you ask screen manufacturers, they'll have products just for what you need!

(are people looking to DIY for rear-projection? That could be tough)
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

I know people have used a sheet of plexi and sanded one side. Might be good enough for his application. There are some other methods....projecting through a white sheet.

Comment

• IllNastyImpreza
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Dougie085
                    I know people have used a sheet of plexi and sanded one side. Might be good enough for his application. There are some other methods....projecting through a white sheet.
                    wow... thats kind of crazzy :W

what grit ?

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

I'm not sure really.. I know its supposed to look like etched glass afterwards. If you have access to a low powered sand blaster it would work.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"