Need advice on upgrading my projector please...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Ah, no, but the thing I was talking about... you've combined two pictures in the past to show a better theater screen? How did you go about doing that?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• PoorboyMike
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
      Ah, no, but the thing I was talking about... you've combined two pictures in the past to show a better theater screen? How did you go about doing that?
      You need to have photoshop or a similar program. If you want, send me the 2 pictures and I can do it for you. You just outline the screen from the dark pic and copy and paste it into the picture with the lights on. Lining it up is pretty easy if they are taken from the exact same spot.

Comment

• Openly Baffled
        • Nov 2007

Yup... You take two identical pics in the same exact spot with your camera on a tripod, one with the lights on, one with the lights off.

The way I do it is make the the pic with the lights off the "bottom layer" in Photoshop. I then bring in the second pic with the lights on and make that one the "top layer". After that, I zoom in on just the part I want to bring through from the bottom layer, select the History Brush (along with a couple of other settings) and start erasing aound that area. Doing it the way I do it ensures that both images will be perfectly aligned with eachother.

It's very simple and only takes a few minutes to do, depending on how much you want to bring through the top layer.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

... and you don't get a jagged line around the screen, where you "cut and pasted"?
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• Openly Baffled
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Chris D
            ... and you don't get a jagged line around the screen, where you "cut and pasted"?
            You do... That's why I do it differently.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"