• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Originally posted by Dougie085
    60" is way too big.
    Wow, Dougie, I didn't think I'd hear you say that!
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Well see small apartment We'd be sitting on top of a 60". To be honest 46" is probably plenty big enough but I'd really like 50-52".

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

I still say you'll get more (either quality and/or screen size) with an RPTV over a flat panel. And with one's like the new Sony's only being a few inches deeper than your average flat panel, I just don't see the attraction of paying all that extra money! 8O
        Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Well I don't know. At the stores the Sony XBR2 LCD is sitting right above the 50A2020....and it looks soooo much better. I don't know.

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

I looked at the XBR4 today....honest I couldn't find anything in the store that really came all that close to looking as good. And it wasn't on the standard split up signal they had the sony demo running on it. They also had the sony demo running on a new samsung and panny plasma and honestly the XBR4 just looked so much better to me.

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

I don't know I can get the Samsung LNT5265F for quite a bit less. In fact I can get the 52" model for less then the 46" sony. Didn't look quite as good as the XBR4 but wasn't too much worse. It should be christmas time around when we pickup a T.V so maybe I can get a good deal.

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

The Sammy's are pretty hard to beat for the $$$
                Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

There is a good chance that I'll have enough for the Sony 50A2020 and I'll just get it. I'm an impulse buyer a lot of the time.

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

My problem with rear projections is the haloing and SSE. The sony you don't notice the SSE to bad. I don't know we'll see what goes down. Maybe the Sony A2020 will have a huge price drop and push me one direction

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Ok I've decided that this is what I'm going to do.

I'm going to purchase the Sony KDS-50A2020 as its very good quality picture and I just can't justify spending 3 grand on any one piece of electronics at this point, certainly not for a T.V when it gets used least in my house we pretty much will use it strictly for movies pretty much. Maybe a tv show now and then.

With the money I'll be saving from not getting the LCD I'll be picking up a couple things like these.

Samsung BD-P1400

Toshiba HD-A20 (may possibly go A30 depends)

Also will most likely be picking up an Integra DTC-9.8 early next year.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"