X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • talons24
    • Apr 2006

Proxima 5800 Purple spots?

I have a Proxima 5800 projector with purple spots on the screen. I bought an extra bulb as I thought the bulb had burn spots on it that were transfering to the screen. That didnt fix it. Three questions (1) Does anyone know if it can be fixed? (2) if it can be fixed can I do it and if I can can someone let me know what to do. I am very mechanically inclined but dont want to tear it apart if I wont be able to put it back together. and (3) If I cant fix it, is there someone that can, or knows of someone that can?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Talons24, welcome to HTGuide.

Sounds like you have a dust blob on one of the LCD panels. It will require you to at least take the of the housing and try to blow air to clear the dust blob off the panel. If you have a service manual it would probably be easier.

Or it could be a burnt LCD panel, which sometimes can be corrected with cleaning depending how deep, but hopefully not.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• talons24
      • Apr 2006

Here are some pics of the spots. As you can see, they are mainly on the top of the screen. If the image is upside down and gets transposed that would make sense to me. Any ideas?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

Given the brightness and age of this projector, it might be burnt polarizer plates. In which case the fix is replace the optical block, not a cheap solution. The spottiness is a bit weird, but it does look like plate burn.

BB

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"