Epson TW-700 vs Optoma HD 65

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • specialized
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 332

    #1

    Epson TW-700 vs Optoma HD 65

    Hi there.. I'm interested to get a projector for my living room.. Im interested in those two models.. Epson TW-700 and Optoma HD 65..

    Epson come with 3 years warranty including Lamp, Optoma have 90 days warranty on lamp..

    What do u think is better device?

    Epson is like 100 eur more expensive..


    greetings

    Darko
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001
    • 7636

    #2
    Optoma has had lots of issues with their projectors. Epson, on the other hand, seems to produce a pretty good product. That would be my choice.
    My Homepage!

    Comment

    • Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004
      • 2204

      #3
      If I'm not mistaken, the Optoma is a DLP and the Epson an LCD. I am bothered by DLP rainbows, so I went for an LCD. I've seen some nice DLP projectors and, aside from the rainbow issue (sensitivity to which varies greatly), they can be quite good. I'm quite happy with my LCD (a Sony AW15), despite its incorporation of a dynamic iris (that I don't notice except on VERY rare occasions) to get good black levels. The slightly deeper blacks I've seen on many DLPs (though not all) do not outweigh the rainbows for me.

      Comment

      • George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001
        • 7636

        #4
        I have both technologies in my theater. I do prefer the dlp picture over lcd, but lcd has indeed come a long way since my first Sharp model back in 1992.
        My Homepage!

        Comment

        • Hdale85
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006
          • 16133

          #5
          I've had an Optoma projector once and never had any issues. And their customer service is excellent.

          Comment

          • John Holmes
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2000
            • 2707

            #6
            My Optoma went down within the first year of ownership. I wasn't happy but, Optoma had it fixed and back in my hands in less than a week.
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

            Comment

            Related Topics

            Collapse

            • Doop
              Infocus 4805 vs 5000 (DLP v LCD)
              by Doop
              I was fortunate enough to have the use of a new 4805 & 76-inch Infocus screen for a couple of weeks. I'm planning to buy a projector and screen in mid-February.

              (Incidentally, it will definitely be a step up, no matter what: It's replacing a Kloss Novabeam built around 1982. Works...
              14 December 2004, 12:42 Tuesday
            • Joseph Carbone
              re-lamping of DLP and LCD lamps
              by Joseph Carbone
              I work for EELE Laboratories and we have a working process for re-lamping spent DLP and LCD lamps. Lamps can be from ether TV's or projectors we can process both in about the same time frame. Right now we are looking into the demand for the process. If you have any other questions please contact me...
              27 June 2005, 09:04 Monday
            • winsner
              LCD projector degradation? lifespan?
              by winsner
              hello there, im in taiwan and im considering buying a pj in the near future. currently using a sharp 32 inch LCD tv. in short, too small a screen. i've researched a lot thru the net and im considering the following pj's. benq pe7700, optoma hd72, panasonic ae900, sanyo z4, epson tw600. im still confused...
              17 July 2006, 08:46 Monday
            • Brandon B
              DLP review as promised
              by Brandon B
              Got a chance to check out this unit:

              http://www.christiedigital.com/Products/products.asp?Port=2&ProdPartNo=38-VIV501-01

              My impressions to follow. Some notes though. This was a short test just to check out the suitability of this unit as an HT projector. My standard...
              21 July 2003, 17:44 Monday
            • Ludvig
              LCD degradadation over time?
              by Ludvig
              Hi all,

              do you have experience of that your LCD projectors are fading in contrast and loose color correctness and uniformity over time, say 1500-2000h?

              I just read a report that tested long time performance between several DLP and LCD projectors. This report clearly points...
              08 March 2007, 02:49 Thursday
            • Loading...
            • No more items.
            Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

              Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

              Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"