X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

lamp on my Panny AE900U / need input

To all fellow AE900U owners, can you share some light?

My PJ is 2y old and the lamp reached 2100 hrs. Starting at around 1800 hrs, the hours in the menu started flashing red. Once the lamp reached 2100, the pj would automatically shut down and restart again on its own. This happened twice actually. I bought a replacement lamp 3 weeks ago, but thought the original lamp would last 3,000 as marketed my Panasonic. I'm very disappointed.

Anyway, while replacing I noticed in the manual that there is talk about "LAMP POWER" being set to "HIGH" and "DYNAMIC IRIS" set to "ON", then the lamp should last 2,000 hrs. On the next page the manual contradicts itself, or I'm just unable to comprehend...

What settings are recommended to reach 3,000hrs on the new lamp? any suggestions?

"LAMP POWER" to "LOW" ?
    "DYNAMIC IRIS" to "OFF"

any other settings?
  • brendon
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sirbogey
    To all fellow AE900U owners, can you share some light?

My PJ is 2y old and the lamp reached 2100 hrs. Starting at around 1800 hrs, the hours in the menu started flashing red. Once the lamp reached 2100, the pj would automatically shut down and restart again on its own. This happened twice actually. I bought a replacement lamp 3 weeks ago, but thought the original lamp would last 3,000 as marketed my Panasonic. I'm very disappointed.

Anyway, while replacing I noticed in the manual that there is talk about "LAMP POWER" being set to "HIGH" and "DYNAMIC IRIS" set to "ON", then the lamp should last 2,000 hrs. On the next page the manual contradicts itself, or I'm just unable to comprehend...

What settings are recommended to reach 3,000hrs on the new lamp? any suggestions?

"LAMP POWER" to "LOW" ?
    "DYNAMIC IRIS" to "OFF"

any other settings?
    Hi SirBogey
    You've actually done really well to last that long a lot of the Aussie guys are getting only 900 hrs and my Epson avereages about 1100 (I am on my third bulb and have done 2550 hours on an epson tw600) although one guy got 3500 hrs on his panasonic .
    I will bet the picture was heaps brighter with the new bulb.
    For best lamp life most manufactureres of LCD PJ recommend low lamp not sure what difference the iris would make.
    Brendon

Comment

• Dean McManis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • May 2003

SirBogey,

The lamp life for the PT-AE900U is rated at 2000hrs in High mode, and 3000hrs in Low mode.

If the default projector settings are set with the light output set to High mode, then it makes sense to have the menu warnings and auto shutoff.

I have read about complaints about the Panasonic bulbs not lasting very long, but most people complaining are talking about premature bulb failure between 150hrs to 800hrs.
      Seeing 2000hrs+ (especially if the projector has been set to high light output mode) it is pretty impressive.

It's like someone living to 80. Some people make it past 100 years old these days, but 80 it making a fair run of it considering.

Enjoy the new bulb. :T

Comment

• justin
        • Feb 2003

I run a AE900u and have 428 hours on the bulb with the power set to high and the dynamic iris set to on. I have not had any problems with the bulb at this point. The only problem I did have with it was a green spot dead center of the screen. I had to ship it to panasonic to get fixed. They never did tell me what was wrong with it. That was the first week I owned it.
        Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.

Comment

• sirbogey
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dean McManis
          SirBogey,

The lamp life for the PT-AE900U is rated at 2000hrs in High mode, and 3000hrs in Low mode.

If the default projector settings are set with the light output set to High mode, then it makes sense to have the menu warnings and auto shutoff.

Enjoy the new bulb. :T

Thanks, I had it set to "High" before. Will try with the "Low" setting now.
          The only problem now and actually shortly before i exchanged the lamp, is that the pj shuts down after about 1.5hrs. I can restart it right away but it would shut down in an hour or so again. any ideas why?

Comment

• Dean McManis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • May 2003

That sounds like it could be a ventilation/heat issue.
            I'd make sure that the filters are clean and unblocked, and that there is adequate air circulation around the projector.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"