X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setite
    • Sep 2005

Wireless Networking

I did a search and either I didnt see the issue addressed or I'm blind. I have been looking into projectors for many months and just now realized that some home theater projectors have wired/wireless networking. I see that the infocus 4805, and the 777 both have it... but none of the others. I find it odd that the lowest and highest end ones would have the feature and none of the others but I can see why they tacked it on the lowest one as a sales pitch. My question are there any under 2000$ us projectors with a resolution of 1280x720 that are worth it with the feature. Or should i find another way. My pc video card has DVI out... it has vga also so I can use that if i must and if its not gonna make things ugly...
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi David, welcome to The Guide. :welcome: Good first name, BTW. :T

I'm not aware of any PJs that come in under US$2,000 with good wireless, but then again I'm not the front projector answer guy either. Google is generally our friend for things like this, but I found nothing of interest. I wonder if there is an external wireless receiver you could connect to the standard inputs and house on the same platform as the PJ?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• setite
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by David Meek
      Hi David, welcome to The Guide. :welcome: Good first name, BTW. :T

I'm not aware of any PJs that come in under US$2,000 with good wireless, but then again I'm not the front projector answer guy either. Google is generally our friend for things like this, but I found nothing of interest. I wonder if there is an external wireless receiver you could connect to the standard inputs and house on the same platform as the PJ?

thanks for the reply. i too found nothing of interest. to answer your question there is a semi-solution known as the Infocus LiteShow. It is for infocus and proxima projectors only it seems. But technically any projector with the m1-da port... which I assume is proprietary. It also only goes to 1024x768 and im stubbornly looking to get 1280x720. and if it works well at that rate... it would appear i may have to shell out for an DVI to HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable as HDMI can go 40 feet safely and will not result and any digital to analog conversions.... I'm desperately trying to find a projector other than the sanyo plv-zX and panasonic aeX00's so that I have more things to choose from. From reviews I was leaning towards the sanyo but I think I will have to get the panasonic or soemthing with 2.0 zoom... which the plv-z4 has also. This is all very frustrating. Its ok though, wireless is not somethign i trust much yet as I have issues with my 802.11b and g products.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"