• Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

XboX 360 can't get online via Linksys SRX MIMO Router

I am having difficulty getting my Linksys SRX MIMO Router to work with
    my XboX 360 Wireless adapter.
    I was able to link our upstairs Computer and Laptop to the wireless network.
    However the XboX 360 will not gain an IP address.
    The XboX 360 does get a signal and is locked in to the network..
    Just can't get online.

Any ideas for trouble shooting?

XboX 360 Wireless Adapter

Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX

The Wireless-G Networking Solution with SRX Speed and Range eXpansion
    Internet-sharing Router, 4-port Switch, with a built in speed and range enhanced Wireless-G (802.11g) Access Point
    Shares a single Internet connection and other resources with Ethernet wired, Wireless-G, -B, and other SRX devices
    New SRX technology: the farther away, the more advantage -- up to 8 times faster than standard Wireless-G (802.11g)
    SRX also increases wireless range by up to 3 times and reduces dead spots in coverage area.

The Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX is really three devices in one box. First, there's the Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect Wireless-G, Wireless-B, and other performance-enhanced SRX devices to the network. There's also a built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices together. Finally, the Router function ties it all together and lets your whole network share a high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection.
    The Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX combines smart antenna technology with standards-based Wireless-G (802.11g) networking. By overlaying the signals of two Wireless-G compatible radios, the "Multiple In, Multiple Out" (MIMO) technology effectively doubles the data rate. Unlike ordinary wireless networking technologies that are confused by signal reflections, MIMO actually uses these reflections to increase the range and reduce "dead spots" in the wireless coverage area. The robust signal travels farther, maintaining wireless connections up to 3 times farther than standard Wireless-G. And the farther away you are, the more advantage you get -- the higher data rate and reflection-friendly technology can yield up to 8 times more throughput than Wireless-G in some situations. The router avoids interference by dynamically switching to the clearest channel available. Even your standard Wireless-G and -B equipment will work better when communicating with SRX-enabled devices.

To help protect your data and privacy, the Router can encode all wireless transmissions with industrial-strength WPA encryption. It can serve as your network's DHCP Server, has a powerful SPI firewall to protect your PCs against intruders and most known Internet attacks, and supports VPN pass-through. Configuration is a snap with the web browser-based configuration utility.

With the Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX at the center of your home or office network, you can share a high-speed Internet connection, files, printers, and multi-player games with flexibility, speed, and security!

Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Well,
    No Need to worry,
    I reset up my previous Linksys router WRT 54GC and have
    connections with the computer upstairs as well as the Laptop.
    The XboX 360 works perfectly with it as well.

So, Now I have a Linksys SRX that I don't need and can't take back to the
    retailer since my 14 days are up.
    Oh Well,, $199 CDN down the drain.
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

I believe there was a fix for this over at broadbandreports.com...

I'll see if I can find the link for it. It's a simple fix or setting on the router if I remember correctly.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• Trevor Schell
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by PewterTA
        I believe there was a fix for this over at broadbandreports.com...

I'll see if I can find the link for it. It's a simple fix or setting on the router if I remember correctly.
        That would be great if can find some info on that.

I browsed through the website but could not find the info I needed.
        Let me know if you find anything!..
        Thanks,
        Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"