X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phaedrus
    • Jun 2005

Toshiba MT200 and Progressive scan

Hello,
    I have this projector and LOVE it..so far. Only thing is that it has trouble with progressive scan signals from any DVD player. Anyone else experience this?

Thanx
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Well, it lists 480P as a usable signal for component- what kind of problems have you had? Sometimes particular projectors and DVD players will have minor "quirks" which interact and cause compatibility problems- annoying as all get out, to be sure. I've seen this trying to run the component output of some DVD players with non standard sync levels through a component to RGB transcoder for my projector- messes up the color balance. THe Neuno DVD players do that...

~Jon
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Phaedrus
      • Jun 2005

Toshiba MT200 and Progressive scan

Hello,
      It does it with both DVD players in the house. I have to literally switch back to interlace then back to progressive for it to work ok. It's as though the internal de-interlacing of the Toshiba doesn't shut off till it receives a interlace signal followed by a progressive signal. I can't just send it a progressive signal off the hop. The colour is really messed up if I do. Almost a wild pink thing going on. Thanks.

Joe

Comment

• Phaedrus
        • Jun 2005

Toshiba MT200 and progressive scan

Hmmm...now it seems to be working fine. Maybe there is a sticky kinda break-in period? I do have about 5hrs on the projector now. I can still trade it in for another one...but I can't seem to get it to screw up now.

Thanx.

Comment

• Phaedrus
          • Jun 2005

Toshiba MT200

Talked to Toshiba themselves. They tell me to start up the projector...THEN..start the DVD player. It could be a synch thing. So far so pleased!!

Phaedrus

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"