X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

The guide seems really slow!

keeps timing out while I try to post. I find it's unbearable by the middle of the afternoon.

"A RONSTER!"
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

You've noticed that too? I am using a cable modem, and some of the pages still often take a minute or more to load -- if they load at all without timing out. This on top of having to "fill in the blanks" for UserName and Password every time I try to post or edit a post makes the mechanics of using HT Guide a very frustrating experience. I have checked "Save your Username and Password info on this computer:" in my profile and every time I post countless times now and it still doesn't "take". I am using IE6, and do not experience the excrutiating slow-downs or the non-recognition of cookie-based data on any other sites. (Ironically, HT Guide does recognize when I was here last and "lights up" the icons to let me know which sections have had activity since then.) For me, deleting the cookies and trying ot again has not worked -- something else seems to be going on.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Well, it's near intantaneous here, most of the time. Occasionally, I too have the long delays. It's related to routing. Someplace in the chain things are getting bogged. But this is not the norm for all members, meaning it's not HTG's fault. Unfortunately, we cannot control the entire Internet to your modem.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"