Problems saving username and password to your computer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Problems saving username and password to your computer?

This should work when you can't seem to get it to work:

PART 1:
    UNCHECKING log me in automatically and
    UNCHECKING SAVE USERNAME and PW on this computer.
    Checking Delete all your cookies for HTGuide through your profile

That's 3 check boxes. Uncheck the first 2, and check the last one. Got it?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PART 2:
    Then close your browser completely. Reboot even to be sure.

upon rebooting, Then go into profile, click on check box
    Save username and PW on this computer, and Log me in automatically on each visit.
    Now, on the bottom of the main forum page, you should have a place to log in. Log in, checking the save username box.

If you don't see a log in there. Wait 20 minutes, come back and press refresh and see if you see one. There's a time delay with some changes in our software. Not sure why, but there is.

This should work. If it doesn't, I can't help. Email Mats at his address listed in the next post.

thanks,
    Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

I have changed the routine when a member is changing his/hers e-mail or password so that all cookies set by HTGuide is removed. This to avoid the system to use any stored old password somewhere. This means that you have to update your profile settings again as described by Lex above to get the system to remember you, and if wanted, get you auto logged in.

I have changed both my e-mail and passwords before I did this change and I haven't had any problem on either getting the mail notice or beeing able to login after the change, but just to make sure the system doesn't screw up due to any settings done between HTGuide and your browser I took this step. Let's hope this problem is solved by now.... If not, as Lex wrote, e-mail me directly at ms AT htguide DOT com

Mats
    HTGuide
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"