X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • csuzor
    • Nov 2004

xml RSS feed of new posts?

Is it possible to setup an xml RSS feed for all new posts?

I believe it just means, adding an xml entry to a public file, every time there is a new post in any forum, with the subject and a link to the topic. That way, any of the xml rss readers can find out regularly if new posts of interest are available.

I am using this system on a french HTguide equivalent

and it works great. I can update every hour (or whatever frequency) with a free reader such as

and then open the topic directly to read/respond.

It's more convenient than opening each forum individually.

Thanks
    Christophe
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Turns out it's easier done than said. Flip one switch in the admin control panel, and we're RSS enabled now.

Use the url: http://www.htguide.com/forum/external.php4?type=rss

You can limit your feed to specific forums by adding &forumids=number to specify a specific forum ID (determine the ID by looking at the link to the specific forum--Administrative is 30, for example).

EDIT: I added RSS feed links to the forum headers, so if you have Mozilla Firefox or another RSS-capable browser, the RSS icon should appear while browsing the site, to easily add RSS bookmarks.

On the main forum page, the bookmark will be for all forums. When in a specific forum, the bookmark will be for that forum.

Comment

• csuzor
      • Nov 2004

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate this functionality! I can keep up with new posts in all forums in a glance!

Any way to have the feed show more than 24 hours of new posts? If I don't check every day, I miss some posts.

Thanks again, great site!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Kevin,

I too think this is an excellent feature... However where is it flagged / linked to on the main page so our members can know about it...

Geoff

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"