xml RSS feed of new posts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • csuzor
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2004
    • 413

    #1

    xml RSS feed of new posts?

    Is it possible to setup an xml RSS feed for all new posts?

    I believe it just means, adding an xml entry to a public file, every time there is a new post in any forum, with the subject and a link to the topic. That way, any of the xml rss readers can find out regularly if new posts of interest are available.

    I am using this system on a french HTguide equivalent

    and it works great. I can update every hour (or whatever frequency) with a free reader such as

    and then open the topic directly to read/respond.

    It's more convenient than opening each forum individually.

    Thanks
    Christophe
  • Kevin P
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000
    • 10812

    #2
    Turns out it's easier done than said. Flip one switch in the admin control panel, and we're RSS enabled now.

    Use the url: http://www.htguide.com/forum/external.php4?type=rss

    You can limit your feed to specific forums by adding &forumids=number to specify a specific forum ID (determine the ID by looking at the link to the specific forum--Administrative is 30, for example).

    EDIT: I added RSS feed links to the forum headers, so if you have Mozilla Firefox or another RSS-capable browser, the RSS icon should appear while browsing the site, to easily add RSS bookmarks.

    On the main forum page, the bookmark will be for all forums. When in a specific forum, the bookmark will be for that forum.

    Comment

    • csuzor
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2004
      • 413

      #3
      Thanks a lot, I really appreciate this functionality! I can keep up with new posts in all forums in a glance!

      Any way to have the feed show more than 24 hours of new posts? If I don't check every day, I miss some posts.

      Thanks again, great site!

      Comment

      • Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003
        • 1914

        #4
        Kevin,

        I too think this is an excellent feature... However where is it flagged / linked to on the main page so our members can know about it...

        Geoff

        Comment

        Related Topics

        Collapse

        • Lex
          A gentle reminder... Choose your forum carefully
          by Lex
          I am noticing an increased propensity of cross posts that are very specific in nature to areas such as video, audio, diy, etc... all showing up in the Chalet.

          Now, we don't bust your chops on this stuff at htguide, that's a fact. Can anyone remember the last time a moderator moved a thread?...
          08 September 2001, 00:26 Saturday
        • asg420
          New to forum - Question...2ch vs. 5 ch amps
          by asg420
          Hi -

          Well I have really enjoyed reading on this forum for the past few days......Very informative and insightful community! I look forward to being more or a part of it!

          After researching and recieving replies to my posts in the Rotel & Parasound forums.....I am...
          20 July 2004, 14:06 Tuesday
        • merlinus
          New to the Forum
          by merlinus
          Hi all. I am new to the forum, and thought to introduce myself.

          I have been using a two-channel system with Adcom GTP-400 and GFA-545 II, Sony ES CD player, and Boston Acoustics T930 Series II speakers for some 17 years.

          In January we upgraded our 17-year-old 20"...
          25 February 2008, 14:26 Monday
        • Andrew Pratt
          Posts that belong in other area's.
          by Andrew Pratt
          Guys I just wanted to say that we'd prefer that you give some thought as to which area your post should go before placing it in Club Rotel. If your post is about a rotel product then obviously it belongs in here but there are others that should be placed in other area's so more people will see them....
          17 January 2003, 13:25 Friday
        • Zoso
          New to forum
          by Zoso
          Hi everyone. After a few weeks of research i have decided to buy the Rotel rsx-1055 to replace my aging Denon avr-2700. I will be picking it up in 2 weeks and will let everyone know my thoughts on it at that time.

          Until i read the posts here i was planning on upgrading to the Denon 3803....
          27 June 2003, 12:36 Friday
        • Loading...
        • No more items.
        Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"