X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Last thing I wanted to see - another Peter Pan

Didn't like the previews at all, but after much prodding by my daughters, I watched it this morning and............................................... ...............
    ............I ended up really enjoying the movie.

Supposedly, it is a more faithful interpretation of the novel, which I never read, but I sat entertained for the length of the entire movie, even (Hey, you better not tease me on this!!! :M ) getting teary eyed at the end. The actress that does Wendy does a fine job of it in the movie, important as the story is pretty much told through her eyes.

So, if you have kids around or if you enjoy this type of movie...or if your a grizzled old tough guy like me who can bench press four pounds, I highly recommend it. Besides, the sub really rumbles during a couple of scenes.
    Keith
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Keith liked Peter Pan, Keith liked Peter Pan. :lol: :rofl: :lol:

I thought the same thing to myself when I saw previews. Since I don't have any small kids, and don't particularly want to revisit the story, I likely won't view this one. But it's good to know it's ok, if we do view it.

Lex1
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Glen
      • Dec 2003

I had the same opinion on this one, so if the kids pull it off the shelf at the video store I guess I won't protest. Thanks

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I was just like the rest of you. The trailers didn't do much for me. However, my six yr old and I watched it. She loved it.And it was not as bad as I was expecting. It was even enjoyable at times. Worth a rental for sure. Especially if you have little ones.
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"