X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Previews / Trailers

Hello All,

Anyone else have problems with movie previews? My wife hates them. She has a point of they show a little too much. Her point was "COLLADERAL" when the body hit the taxi. Mine was XXX2, I knew Samuel L Jackson wasn't killed because of the previews.

But I alway get the the movies early or watch Comcast's on Demand around the first of the month to watch them. Can't live without them.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yes and no, to answer your question. Sometimes trailers get me excited about a movie--when I heard there was going to be a "Transformers" movie, I rolled my eyes. But now after seeing several trailers, it looks GREAT!

If there's a movie I'm already excited about, I get PUMPED seeing trailers for it, with the one caveat that it better not give away too much plot, as you mentioned. I loved seeing the Star Wars trailers, Matrix trailers, etc. I'll never forget being in a theater once when I was younger, and a trailer started. INSTANTLY I knew it was for "Hunt for Red October", even though I hadn't heard that it was being made into a movie, and I got stoked!

Sometimes, I can tell right away from a trailer if the movie's not for me, or if it's just going to be crap. (i.e. Snakes on a Plane) More often, though, the previews look decent, but then the movie's a letdown. I really hate when the trailer includes all the good scenes in the film, and then when you watch the full movie, the other 119 minutes are junk. "Hot Shots" even used a trailer with all funny scenes from the opening credits, and the rest of the movie was so-so.

Lately, I've come to really disdain the trailers that are SO stereotypical... certain phrases by the "deep voice" announcer and such. Cut scenes just get shorter and shorter over time, flashing from one shot to the next quicker and quicker. And has anybody noticed that trailers put in "flashes" inbetween shots? These supposedly dress up the ad, but they annoy me--especially since one of our TV's is really sensitive to the flashes--it drops the video for a second for each of the flashes.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

I love the trailers! To be honest, I always make it to the movies right at showtime so that I can catch all the previews. That's my favorite part! Movies can let you down, trailers never do. Ha ha
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Trailers don't bother me.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Pez
          • May 2004

I only hate trailers when there is about 100 before a movie and when you cant skip past them on DVD's.

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Wait, are we talking about at the movie theaters or on DVDs? On DVDs, just put in the DVD in the player, press stop as soon as it reads it so that it stops the operation, and hit the root menu button. Skips all the FBI, preview, etc, etc junk and goes straight to menu.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"