X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

To Live An Die In LA

This was released on dvd this week. It will replace a well worn vhs tape when I pick it up over the weekend. Hope the PQ is okay, as well as the soundtrack. For all you CSI fans, here's an opportunity to see a younger William Petersen playing somewhat of a slimeball lawman.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Dean McManis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • May 2003

I bought To Live An Die In LA (SE) and the picture quality is fine, especially for an 80's film. The movie has a nice, snappy, style.
    And it still has one of the best car chase scenes on film.
    The movie still has it's startling ending, which shocked me when I fist saw this in the theater. The DVD includes an alternate ending (which is lame), and one deleted scene (with featurettes).

The Wang Chug soundtrack does date the film, but it's fitting for the setting (20 years ago) and works well with the look and feel of the movie. And Willem Dafoe makes a good bad guy as usual (although the cops are hardly "good" guys.

If you like gritty cop films, this would at least make a good rental.

-Dean.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Yeah, this film has a cult following. And Dean is correct about that car chase scene. It is terrific. The ending also shocked me, too, the first time I saw it, but after repeated viewings( on my crummy tape) the shock wears off. Excellent acting in this movie from everyone involved, too.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"