X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Finally a DTS Bond film

I was just thinking last night as I opened my Die Another Day DVD, I wonder why we don't have any DTS Bond films. When I got to the DVD menu, I decided to check out languages just to make sure DD 5.1 was active prior to starting the film and what do you know! DTS ES!!! I was shocked, I was pleased, it was time for the film...

It was a very good Bond film. I'll reserve detailed comments for later, after a few more viewings I think. Sure wish I had front projection last night. :roll:

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • jaakan
    • Dec 2002

I got my copy of Die Another Day on Jun 5 and watch it 24 hours later ( new job and all ). First time I had ever seen the movie, yea I'm a pre-order Audiophile semi-nut ball.

Setup 1. Rotel 1066 + RMB1075, Def tech BP tall towers not the 7000's ( demos were still in the boxes ) or 3000's but 2000TL, center, on walls. Pioneer Elite 60in+ CRT RPTV, Denon 2800 dvd player. ( local store's setup ) played in DD EX - first viewing, bass was not tight enough for me, I didn't think of looking for DTS, I just want to see the movie

Seup 2. Yamaha DSP A1, Magnepan MG12x4 Sony dvd player, 20in sony crt. ( my setup ) played in DTS ES and DD EX

Setup 3. Rotel 1066 + RMB1075, Ohm walsh 4s and 2s and ohm G for center. Pioneer DV45a , Sony 40in RPTV (my dad's setup I helped him bulid ) played in DTS ES

the Title part was great and the song by Madonna too! She was a good choice. Nothing sucked in this bond at all I thought. Yea, he save the day and he gets the girl but he gets his butt kick first, really badly as a POW and nope he doesn't get himself out of that mess. Video was good, Audio was great but better in DTS ES, I could hear the difference on my Maggies.

I hope the next Bond is even better.

I want a DB7 that's AWD oh yea it was only made for the movie's ice chase. Guess, I'll have to live with my awd AUDI a4. I can't buy a DB7 anyway.

Over all, it's a must have for bond, tech demo, System show offing and action fans. If you never liked bond, rent it you may like it.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Yeah I was surpirsed by the DTS thing as well. It is listed in the audio on the back jacket, but does not show the DTS icon at the bottom along with the Doilby Digital icon. Strange. Almost as if they were ashamed or something.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Uncle Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

Sorry guys I was so anxious to see Halley Berry that the DTS thing just didn't matter. But now that you mentioned it.................... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :boobies:

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
        CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I watched this last night. The DTS track is awesome. The DD 5.1EX probably is, too.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"