X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Hollywood Homicide

This is another buddy cop flick, an idea that's getting as tired as Harrison Ford looks in this film. This basic story is about an execution of a bunch of rappers that Ford and his partner, Josh Hartnett are called in to investigate. To put a different twist on things, Harrison Ford, as well as being a detective, is a real estate agent on the side, while Hartnett is a rookie cop who really wants to be an actor. Both their careers intermingle throughout the film, adding a nice touch of humor here and there. But to be honest, the humor seems forced at times, and I have always liked Ford when he applies subtle humor as he did in the Indy series,and in the not so recent Six Days Seven Nights. But all in all, it's an enjoyable evening's entertainment, and features a chase segment at the climax that you won't want to miss. Oh, and I bought this because I'm a Harrison Ford nut.
    Look for a lot of cameo performances that includes Lou Diamond Phillips, Gladys Knight, Frank Sinatra Jr., Smokey Robinson, Eric Idle, Robert Wagner, etc.
    :3:

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Here's the review from the At The Movies forum:
    1. review
    Yeah George, the Saleen Mustang does spice up the chase scene, doesn't it?
    :driving:

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I re-read your review, Tex. Where you say Ford seems to be dragging himself through this flick is exactly what I saw. In fact, when watching him last night, I began to wonder if maybe he's a bit too old for these action roles, and wonder how he'll fare in the fourth Indy flick.

I ddn't comment much on the plot, because as you said, it was a bit confusing. And I agree it was very weak writing, the kind of thing you sometimes see when too many writers are involved, which may or may not have been the case here.

As for Hartnett and Ford, there didn't seem to be any chemistry there.
      But that Mustang ( what a car ) made it all worth while.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Aeromos
        • Jun 2003

I saw the trailer to this and it looked funny. Of course this is going to be one added to my collection when they put it for sale as a previously viewed movie and it drops to $9.99 - 12.99 CDN.

Aeromos
        Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
        My Collection
        Aeromos
        Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
        My Collection

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"