• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Brooklyn

Brooklyn - 7.5/10

Refreshing. That's how I felt about this one. It was a simple story about nice people, making common life choices and about how much those choices, small and large shape our lives.

Forks in the road.

Sure, it's melodramatic at times but it was told well IMO and exceedingly well acted while being GORGEOUS to look at. Cinematographer Yves BĂ©langer deserves credit here as I would have happily walked through my TV in to the world he captured. GORGEOUS.

If you're in the mood for something gritty, challenging and 'real', just move along. This was as 'light' of a drama as you're likely to find and despite that, still managed to get me to care about that main characters and their outcome.

It actually reminds me of a film that would have been made in the period it takes place. It doesn't try to hard to push an agenda, push drama, push reaction etc. It just tells a simple story well and beautifully and it's happy with that. It's subtly impressive without trying to be.

Jason
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list. There aren't enough films made like this anymore.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ovation
      Haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list. There aren't enough films made like this anymore.

Yeah, it's thoroughly un-modern and I quite enjoyed that aspect! :lol:
      Jason

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Fascinating !! Watched the trailer and this looks like a film That actually might be worth watching. A rarity nowadays !
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"